table tennis experience

At lunch time yesterday we had table tennis. There was a man named Dinyar who works for table tennis New Zealand. He taught us how to hold a table tennis bat and some basic skills. We all were listening well and it was interesting. He inspired us how to play table tennis. The table tennis balls were light and orange and very bouncy. By the way in the beginning we all gathered together for a selfie. 

Then we had a competition and it was about balancing the ball on the bat for the longest time. There were  3 or 4 rounds. At first it looked easy but when we tried it we... um we all almost failed but there were still 6 people standing. One person went out  then the third, the fourth, then the fifth. Eventually here were 3 people standing and then two other balls fell!. AND ONE PERSON WON!!!!!. It was Chadwick.

Second round - i was concentrating on the ball and it was so tense. I was so scared that my ball fell!. All the other people were confident - 5 people lost their balls and they were out. One person lost the ball and the person who won the first round won AGAIN!. 

The third and final round. We all went hard and all the other people fell. I was not out yet but sooner or later my ball fell. My ball lost balance. and then mine and other peoples' balls fell. It was down to two people AND SOMEONE ELSE WON. We all cheered. Now it was time for him to go and


the bell rang.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your story about learning table tennis skills from Dinyar. You look pretty confident in the photo. Balancing a small ball on the bat takes lots of practice. Well done, Eldrich.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

I am still blogging …

I am still blogging …  but I’ve moved. Click here to visit my new blog and see the next stage of my learning journey. Comments are closed h...